Cock A Voodoo Smoked Chicken Pot Pie
Delicious Pot pie. Could be made with leftover Turkey if you wish.
Servings: 6 -8 people
- 1 Whole Roasting Chicken season with Cock a VooDoo
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Pie crust. 2 crusts
- 1 pkg 10oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1) Smoke a whole roasting chicken to 165 degrees. Pull chicken off bone and season pulled meat with Cock A Voodoo. Set aside.
- 2) In a saucepan place mixed vegetables, cover with water, cover and boil for 15 min. Drain and set aside.
- 3) In saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thick then at seasoned chicken and vegetables.
- 4). Par bake bottom crust for 15 min at 425 degrees.
- 5) Place chicken, vegetables and gravy mixture in bottom crust cover with second crust. Make slits in the top to release steam.
- 6) Bake for 30-35 min at 425 degrees
- 7) Remove from oven and let sit 10 min
- 8) Slice and eat