Hawaiian pork chops
Quick, easy pan fried Hawaiian pork chops
- 2 Tbsp oil divided
- 3 TBS Kung Fu Mofo
- 1 1/2 lbs pork chops
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 15 oz can pineapple slices or chunks including the liquid
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 TBS water
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 1. Heat 1 Tbps oil in a large skillet
- 2. Season pork chops with Kung Fu Mofo (I like to go heavy on the seasoning but personal preference is key here)
- 3. Add pork to the hot skillet and brown. About 2-3 min each side. Remove and set aside.
- 4. In a large measuring cup combine soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and the pineapple juice from your canned pineapple. Set aside.
- 5. Add the remaining oil to skillet. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 1 min.
- 6. Pour in sauce and bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 min. Add pork back to sauce. Add pineapple.
- 7. In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and water.
- 8. Slowly add cornstarch slurry to skillet and stir.
- 9. Simmer until pork reaches 145 IT.
- 10. Serve over rice.
- 11. Enjoy.