Nice little smoky appetizer to get things going and a useful way to use up leftover brisket. Pair with a nice pilsner…
- 7 slices slices of leftover smoked brisket cut in 1/2 to fit peppers
- 7 large jalapeno peppers extra large
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 slices slices bacon about 1 lb
- 1/2 cup Colby Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Dirty Gringo reserve 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 tsp The Cure
- 1/8 tsp Cock-a- Voodoo
- 1 TBS Bari Taproon pineapple balsamic vinegar or 2 pineapple juice
- 1 cup Your Susquehanna Blue Smoke Barbeque Captains Reserve BBQ sauce or your favorite sauce
- 1. Cut jalapeno peppers lengthwise and crosswise, then spoon out the white flesh and the seeds. Wear gloves! You be glad ya did
- 2. Mix together cream cheese, Colby cheese, FA Dirty Gringo, FA The Cure and vinegar. Set a side.
- 3. Cut brisket to fit the pepper, set a side
- 4. Mix together reserved Dirty Gringo & Cock-a-Voodo, set a side
- 5. Stuff each pepper about a tablespoon of cream cheese, about 3/4 way up.
- 6. Place a brisket slice on top of cream cheese mixture, wrap one slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper secure with a toothpick.
- 7. Using reserved Dirty Gringo & Cock-a-Voodo, sprinkle over peppers
- 8. Preheated to 250F while assembling poppers
- 9. Smoke for 1-1/2 hours. Last 10 minutes turn up temperature to 400 degrees to crisp up.
- 10. Gringo poppers are done when they are a burgundy color and the bacon is crispy.
- 11. Drizzle with bbq sauce