Dock of the Bay Seafood Chowder
(I’m Just Sitting on) The Dock of the Bay Seafood Chowder
- 32 ounce carton of seafood or chicken stock
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 5-6 golden potatoes cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- Any amount of leftover seafood/shellfish cooked or uncooked; I used grilled shrimp, lobster tail, canned crabmeat, frozen bay scallops, etc.
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped (optional for garnish)
- Any amount of bacon pieces for garnish
- Generous amount of Dock of The Bay Seasoning start with 1/4 cup – no need for salt or pepper
- In a deep, heavy saucepan or stockpot, melt the butter;
- Saute onion, carrot and celery until just before soft;
- Add half of the desired Dock of the Bay and stir;
- Add stock and bring to a boil;
- Lower the heat, add potatoes and simmer for one hour or until potatoes are tender;
- Add seafood/shellfish
- Turn up the burner a bit and heat until seafood/shellfish is cooked through, just a few minutes
- Add heavy cream, stir well until heated through;
- Adjust seasoning – taste and add more Dock of the Bay!
- It’s ready to serve – garnish with green onions and bacon.
- It’s even better the next day – Use whatever vegetables and seafood/shellfish you have available.
- Serve with Sourdough bread – Enjoy!