Beer Cheese Voodoo
A classic beer cheese dip with a funky twist
- 12 oz pilsner
- 8 oz smoked cheddar grated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 TBS flour
- 3 TBS brown mustard
- 1 TBS The Cure
- 1 TBS Cock-A-Voodoo
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat
- Slowly add flour and whisk to combine to form a roux.
- Continue whisking over medium heat until light brown in appearance.
- Add garlic and continue whisking until fragrant.
- Slowly pour in beer, whisking to prevent clumping. Bring to a simmer
- Add mustard, The Cure, and Cock-A-Voodoo, stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, whisking continuously. Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add shredded cheddar, one handful at a time. Do not add the next handful until the previous is fully melted. Continuously stir with a whisk.
- When cheese is fully incorporated, simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve as a dip, a topping, or slather all over your body as part of a traditional Midwest mating ritual.